Thursday, March 4, 2010

Day 79 - Yard Work, Not Hard Work

Hello all.  WHAT a beautiful day we've had today.  A lot of things have been accomplished (wedding wise).  Oh yes, and side note - Scouter the Pouter isn't posting today because she's pouting with me since I left Florence yesterday.  I called her, but she won't answer.

I know that y'all probably don't care what I'm doing in regard to the wedding, but this is more for me than anything.  It helps me to see what I've finished, and what still needs work.
So, back to the progress made today.

1. I started pulling down boards from the smokehouse before Mr. Lee gets here to work his magic.  He will be adding 2 doors and replacing any rotten boards.  I thought I would get a good start on some of the little stuff, but after I almost slapped myself in the face with a wooden plank, I figured I would leave it to the pros.  No picture, thankfully.

2.  Picked up sticks from the front yard.  Since we had a gravity wave and lots of wind storms this fall and winter, there were LOTS of sticks on the ground.  Last week I did quite a bit with this in the back yard, but not finished yet.
This was one of four I took to the road today.  I stopped when I started getting REALLY dizzy from all the bending over.

-second side note: I belong to dailymile where I log how far I run, or if I do yoga that day or whatever.  My question is why don't they have gardening as an option for a workout?  There is spinning, climbing, aerobics.. gardening is just as serious.

I found this in the yard while I was picking up sticks - cool horseshoe!
3. Cleaned out some pots.
Before and After
We are officially ready to plant after April 15th.

4. Tripped over Prissy to land face first onto the front porch.

Take a look at these pretty little flowers.  This makes me think that Spring is calling to say, "Hello there, I'm on my way, and heres a little sumthin for ya while you wait.  See you soon!!"

Have an excellent day everyone.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that I wasn't there. It sounds like hard work. I'm more of a white collar worker. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete