Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Thought for the Week..on Tuesday

It's been a long week so far, and it's only Tuesday.  Please forgive my tardiness.
This is my absolute favorite coffee mug.  I drink out of it every single morning, and if by some crazy circumstance I have to use a different mug - it may be a bad day.  I used to have this wierd thing where I would try to use all the mugs equally, so that none of their feelings were hurt; however, I realized that was a little off and changed my ways.  
While I was making my cup of joe this morning, it got me to thinking.  What is it about coffee that keeps me craving it every single day?  Then I remembered I had a HUGE headache because I hadn't had my morning caffeine.  DING!  Oh yeah, now I remember why I keep coming back for more.
Here are some fun quotes about America's favorite wake-me-up.

It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity.

-Dave Barry

Among the numerous luxuries of the table...coffee may be considered as one of the most valuable. It excites cheerfulness without intoxication; and the pleasing flow of spirits which it occasions...is never followed by sadness, languor or debility.

-Benjamin Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment