Monday, February 15, 2010

Monday's Thought for the Week

I am sitting in Timothy's office looking outside at the snow that fell while we were all sleeping, and it is so peaceful.  Its so beautiful, and it's all God's creation.  It would be nice to put another snowy, peaceful quote up; however, it is President's Day, so I thought I would put some quotes up from or about some of our country's past leaders.


Meeting Franklin Roosevelt was like opening your first bottle of champagne; knowing him was like drinking it.
- Sir Winston Churchill

No man will ever bring out of the Presidency the reputation which carries him into it.
-Thomas Jefferson

Jerry Ford is so dumb he can't fart and chew gum at the same time.
- Lyndon B. Johnson

But there are advantages to being elected President. The day after I was elected, I had my high school grades classified Top Secret.
-Ronald Reagan

As far as the job of President goes, its rewarding and I've given before this group the definition of happiness for the Greeks. I'll define it again: the full use of your powers along lines of excellence. I find, therefore, that the Presidency provides some happiness.
-JFK

The power confided in me will be used to hold, occupy and possess the property and places belonging to the government, and to collect the duties and imposts.
-Abraham Lincoln

Happy President's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment