Monday, February 8, 2010

Confessions.

Obviously the big show (the wedding) is SWIFTLY approaching.  Less than 4 months now - that makes me nervous.  What if I forget something really important?  Or what if I don't get everything finished in time?  What if I NEVER FIND A PAIR OF SHOES? Then, I can't get my dress altered, and it will be too big on the wedding day and I'll have to wear a bra that shows, and I'll trip over my dress down the aisle; then it won't just be my dad that has some kind of an "episode".  The EMTs will be called for both of us.  So you see what I mean?
Lately, I've been having these dreams about the day of the wedding.  They are set in different locations every time, but its always the same story.  Nothing is finished.  People have to go to the grocery store in a hurry to grab some flowers for the bridesmaids, the dress isn't finished, guests are arriving, I don't have deoderant, and the best of all - I swear I had a dream that there were killer reindeer trying to get me on the way to the church.  What is my problem?? Really?  I know that I am making a good decision.  I know that I am taking care of wedding details left and right.  I also know that its not about the wedding - its about preparing for married life with sweet Timo.  So tell me why I keep stressin' in my dreams??  (P.S. All the locations in which I've been getting married lately look like they are on the set of True Blood - wierd)
I'm trying to make lists and check them off so I know that that is DONE - don't worry about that part ANY more - it's not in your hands, katie.  I think this whole situation has to do with my inability to let things go, and not be in complete control of the situation.  I have that problem in daily life too - remembering that God is in control and that I don't need to worry about things.  Now, that confession is off my chest.  Have a stellar week friends.  Don't forget to watch The Bachelor tonight, mindless television is my tension reliever.
picture is from here

No comments:

Post a Comment