Thursday, December 31, 2009

Scaredy Cat

So I'm now over at Timothy's house (soon to be mine and timo's house), and I have a confession.  I'm a scaredy cat.  I have a tendency to have a small fear of at least... everything.  I don't know when this started; because I used to be absolutely fearless.  I would try anything!  But now, not so much.  I know I shouldn't be scared of anything because I should put all of my trust in God, but obviously I have not put all of my trust there.  I think maybe this happened when I started college and had to completely rely on myself; now I just trust myself to do things, and I have truly been trying to let it go
Last night Timothy nonchalantly tells me that there have been a lot of burglaries lately in Florence, so I need to be sure to lock the doors today when I am by myself.  I absolutely flipped out.  A break-in and flying are two of my biggest fears.  When I'm at home in Scottsboro, I could sleep with all the doors unlocked and a sign that says "Come on in", and I would still feel safe.  If I'm anywhere else I think something is going to get me!  I even dreamed about it last night after Timothy mentioned the burglaries.
In my sunday school class at First Methodist, we are doing a study with Max Lucado's book Fearless.  This book talks exactly about what I was dealing with last night.  Obviously I haven't read too much of this or I would have some back-up talk in my mind about how I am crazy for being so paralyzed by my fears.

Does anyone else have something in their lives of which they are very frightened?

No comments:

Post a Comment