Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I'll pass on the fruitcake.

There are so many things that go hand in hand with Christmas that are so fun, like:

1. Christmas carols
2. My mom's pumpkin cranberry bread
3. Decorating the tree
4. Laurie's birthday (hehe)
5. Watching Timo get way too excited about eggnog

But with the good comes the bad...some things I'm not crazy about:

1. Wal-mart (it's a flippin' slaughterhouse)
2. Fruitcake
3. Too many dirty santa parties
4. Its a Wonderful Life (An entire box of Kleenex later, it's not such a wonderful life)
5. The song, Christmas Shoes

But all in all, this is the second most wonderful time of the year because Jesus Christ was born, our Savior.  He saved us all from our sins, and that's why Easter is the most important holiday for me.  All the fun traditions we celebrate are wonderful and important, and a great time to be together with your family.  Below are some of the fun things that Timothy and I did to decorate his house for Christmas.  Mom and I aren't doing a lot of decorating this year - we have too much junk in the house already (I know that's a terrible excuse).

So... we got off to a rough start.  I decided to jazz up the mantel with Jackson Vine and Magnolia leaves.  EPIC FAIL.  Wild Kingdom was inside our house.


Okay, I worked with the extremely difficult Jackson Vine, and it ended up looking okay!




I go outside, to check on Timothy stringing up the lights (because evidently its a nighttime Wakefield family tradition? I didn't know that...Seems like a cold tradition to me.)  Mr. Wakefield was so cute draping the lights "Just so".  Too bad they alllll went out as soon as he finished.... Sad day..



Cutie..

So.. Timo is outside, and I am inside decorating the Christmas tree.(worried that he is going to electrocute himself)   I think it turned out pretty good!



Scout said " Ehh, take it or leave it..I'm going to go find some cookies you left out"



I  hope y'all enjoyed the Christmas pics.  Here is a picture of Scout from the SEC Championship.  Yes, that's right.  She does have red toenails.  Roll Tide!


No comments:

Post a Comment